Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year, everyone!

I've made a few resolutions:

1.  Spend more time with my car and Corvette friends;
2.  Go to more Car events;
3.  Restore (at least) one Vintage Kart.

To prove I'm serious, here are some photos from today.  Don Kingery stopped by with his new 2016 Stingray.  He ordered the Z51 Handling package, the LT3 interior, and special chrome wheels.  What an amazing car!  




Don let me drive it, which is dangerous for two reasons (I might scratch it and I might become obsessed with having one)!  With 460 HP engine and the 8-speed paddle shift transmission I was able to break 100MPH on the on-ramp to the I-5 south.  The sound of the engine roar and the rev-matching shifts remind me of the Corvette C7R race cars.  A smooth and solid ride, fantastic interior, every high-tech electronic feature imaginable, and sexy looks cause Don to say, "I love everything about this car!"


I enthusiastically agree with him!  Don, thanks for getting my 2016 off to a great start and for helping me keep my New Year resolutions! 

P.S.  One of the coolest options is ability to "eliminate" the mufflers with a push of a button.  

 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Cary, Great way to start the new year. At the other end of the Corvette spectrum, we took the wraps off of the '67 yesterday and in the spirit of "vintage" activities went to a few "antique shops" in Ocean Beach. With your work schedule tapering off a bit, I wish you more smiles per hour on average in 2016! Jeff S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeff. I need to drive your 67 in 2016!

      Delete
  2. Good resolutions 64 running fine Magnaflows finally breaking in with a good sound

    Happy New Year

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic, Bob! I want to drive your 64 this year, too!

      Delete
  3. From my High School buddy, Steve Abdalla:

    The racing karts are a hoot : 8" off the ground and 60mph....most fun I can have with my clothes on :)
    Blessings to you and Nan in 2016 for good health and safety.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. From another High School buddy, Judson "Jay" Smith:
    You're just a big kid - just like me. I have a T- shirt with a big arrow pointing up that says - This big kid is really the Dad!!Life is short - enjoy while you can. This is not a dress rehearsal - this is it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are what you drive. I would not be surprised if you buy one... Happy New Year to you & Nan. Nace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nace. That car is SOOOOoooooo tempting! Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete