Sunday, October 27, 2019

Cary's Corvette Continuity Challenge


I’m putting a challenge out to everyone in Corvette-Land!

I assert that my good friend and neighbor, Bill Hatch, holds the record for the longest continuous ownership of a single Corvette.



Bill purchased his new 1957 Corvette in July of 1957 and he still owns the car!  So he has owned the car for 62 years, plus.

The Challenge:  If anyone can identify someone who is a longer continuous owner of a specific Corvette, let’s hear it!  If Bill doesn’t hold the record, then we need to celebrate whoever does!

I have written about Bill in this blog as well as a story that appeared in The National Corvette Museum's "America's Sports Car".  Here are a few of my previous blog posts about Bill:



Bill's car is no trailer queen -- he DRIVES it!  His favorite place to drive was to the beach for playing volleyball with his buddies.  Here is a shot of me and Bill at Moonlight Beach in San Diego!




Once we had a 50th Birthday Party, not for Bill, but for the car!

 
OK, Corvette (and other) friends -- spread the word.  Let's find out who is the person who has owned a Corvette longer than anyone else?

You can email me at:  cary62vette@gmail.com




2 comments:

  1. I think that is AWESOME, what a challenge I’ve been asking everyone I know who has a corvette. I will be searching through the Vettes for Veterans car show to see if anyone has had a signal corvette for 62 years and 4 months and going. Hope Bill and your friends bring their Corvettes to the show! So far, I’ve been told that’s unheard of! SO…. Bill so far, your AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My recently passed father in law, Harold "Bunk" Johnston Jr., bought a 1955 Harvest Gold Corvette on July 14,1956 from Richard Chevrolet in Taunton, Massachusetts......He remained the original owner until his passing on 3/29/26 (70 years)......Our family has the purchase paperwork and additional documentation establishing his ownership history....The vet is now in my garage in Virginia Beach, VA...

    ReplyDelete