Sunday, December 21, 2014

Embracing Diversity

Christmas, 2014

I believe embracing diversity and inclusiveness is an honorable personal trait.  Especially at this time of year -- the Holiday Season and all -- we should strive for understanding and acceptance of those people whose beliefs  are different from ours.

So I'm going public with my new goal of enthusiastically embracing diversity.  From now on people who drive FORDS will be allowed to park in front of my house.  Here are three examples of the new me! 



Mike Reeves visited the house a few months ago in his way-cool 1934 Ford two-door Sedan.  He drives this car all over the country to car shows and big-time car events.  This year he drove the '34 to perhaps the biggest car event in the country -- Woodward Avenue in Michigan!  Since he visited the house he has driven to the Sacramento and the SEMA Show in La$ Vega$.  When I retire, Mike and I are going to do some serious cruising!




Darren Krohn runs Baldy's Classics, a full service restoration shop in Upland, California.  Here is a photo of one of Darren's recent projects for a client in Rancho Santa Fe.  This Mustang Mach 1 has been completely updated with modern horsepower, drive-train, suspension, electronics, interior and more.  Darren's website is:


  




My neighbor Alan has set the bar very high for horsepower in the Seaview Way neighborhood with his new purchase:  a 2014 Ford Mustang Shelby Cobra sporting a supercharged 5.8L DOHC 32 valve engine producing 662 HP!  Alan searched the country for a convertible with the amenities and color he wanted.  So far he has won the Horsepower race hands-down! Alan, when do I get to drive it?  Here is the story of the purchase in Alan's own words:



Just a quick note about the GT500...I bought the GT500 earlier this year over the internet so I bought the car sight unseen.  I found the car in Cincinnati Ohio after a lot of searching.  After I agreed to buy the car I was visiting my Dad in Tennessee with my brother. We decided to take a road trip to go see the car before they shipped it to California. It was everything I hoped for and couldn't wait to get the car delivered. It has a 6 speed manual transmission, 5.8 L V8 with 662 horsepower, with a top speed of 200 mph.  Carroll Shelby's  contract to build Shelby GT500s ended in 2014 so this year may be the last of the Shelby GT500. 


 

Please notice that all these cars have been seen in front of my house.  I love diversity!


No comments:

Post a Comment