Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Importance of June 30th

June 30th is an important day to Corvette Crazies because we celebrate the date on which the very first Corvette rolled off the assembly line in Flint Michigan:  June 30, 1953.

My dear friends, David and Pat Shawaker, natives of Michigan, somehow found a photograph of this momentous occasion and gave it to me for a birthday present -- you will find it hanging in my garage.

Twelve years ago the Corvette faithful decided to celebrate June 30th by designating the Friday in June closest to June 30th as "National Drive Your Corvette to Work Day".

http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-drive-your-to-work-day-1-231.html


A few years ago Professor John Elder of The Scripps Research Institute and I decided to honor the NDYCTWD.  John drove his white 61 and I drove my red 62.  It was great fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment